healeys

Re: Re: Value Insanity

To: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>, <GSFuqua1@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Re: Value Insanity
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:25:18 -0500
Dave,

I agree with you on this.  I find it strange that someone would pay $131k for a
car that was not originally golden.  I thought that the real big dollars went
for cars which were complete, rare, and restored as original to a very high
standard.

If the buyer wanted a golden BJ8 seems to me he/she could buy one and have it
restored to the same level for considerably less than $141k.

But on the other hand, as someone else pointed out you have the excitement of
the auction/adrenaline/alcohol/impressing others/etc going on.

Keith Pennell