healeys

Re: Running gear removal

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Running gear removal
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 21:06:54 -0500
Easy?   Not really an issue here.     Release the axle from the springs and
shocks and remove  ancillaries  around it.   One guy gets on his back under
the pig area to push up and to one side,  while the other 1 or 2 guys get on
the side of the car  to guide the unit out the side.    Just clear the area
around the car first for obvious reasons ,  and expect to invest a little
sweat equity on this one.   I took mine out with only one other guy.  You
can then put the unit on a couple of jack stands and have your way with it.
Once you get the axles and pig out of the unit its amazing how light the
housing becomes.  Carry it out to the back 40, sandblast it, paint it and
smile with pride.

Mark