healeys

Fresh air valve

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fresh air valve
From: "Ray Juncal" <gonzo18@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:19:09 -0700
I'm rebuilding the fresh air control valve where the 4" hose goes thru the
fire wall on my BN-1.  There is an oval metal disk with a rubber seal that
fits on it.  I purchased a new rubber seal from from my regular Moss supplier
but they only have the latter seal for the six cylinder cars.  This seal will
sort of work but it's not great.  Does anyone know if the correct seal is
available anywhere?  It's a fair amount of work to get this apart and riveted
back together so I want it to be as right as I can make it.
Thanks
Ray Juncal
Toot toot!