healeys

Interior Installation Questions

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Interior Installation Questions
From: jhomonek@mindspring.com
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:32:21 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Hi Listers,

I ordered a carpet kit (and complete interior) from Heri**** and my sales
person is not exactly
that knowledgeable about every car and it's peculularities.

She is a 1959 3000 BN7.  This car has gone through a complete restoration
beginning Jan of '04.    Just back from the body shop last Sunday, I am
installing the interior now. I am trying to get finished for her first show
next weekend in North Georgia at SE Classic...sponsored by the Austin Healey
Club of America, Atlanta Chapter.

Enough history.

Questions:

Do I glue the rear carpet piece tha rises up the rear bulkhead from the
floorboard
to the flat area where the spare sits and rests. This is behind the seats on on
the verticle part and the lower part (that lies horizonally on the floor) can
be lifted up in case it gets wet.  (Simply, Do I only glue down the verticle
rise only?) Or is the carpet cut to fit on the vertical part and then glued
down?

Any tips would be helpful with carpet and interior panel installation as this is
the task for this weekend.

Thanks in Advance,

John E. Homonek II
'59 BN7