healeys

BN1 Overdrive

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BN1 Overdrive
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:54:44 -0400
Hello all,
A friend has recently bought a BN1.
According to the owner at first the overdrive worked perfectly. Then within a
few drives it apparently would only work occasionally. Now it won't engage at
all.
This is an original Hundred with the 3 speed gearbox and the 2 relay o/d
system.
I have checked the following:
- there is adequate oil in the gearbox and o/d
- relay 1 and 2 are working perfectly. Just to be sure I removed and tested
them and both function as they should.
- gear cutout switch is working perfectly too, carrying current while in 2nd
or 3rd gear.
- centrifugal switch has been temporarily bridged
- throttle switch seems to be set correctly, and for testing purposes has been
temporarily bridged.
- manual dash switch is working perfectly
- with ignition on and gear lever in 3rd (top) gear, dash switch on, I have
power at all relay terminals except C2 on #1 relay and W1 and W2 of relay 2.
- if I bridge across terminals C1 and C2 of relay 1 the o/d solenoid
activates.

Any ideas?
Rich Chrysler