healeys

Re: steering problems

To: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>,
Subject: Re: steering problems
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:05:58 -0400
Jim,

The only thought I have on the pulling is the caliper piston on the left
does not move freely.  This would allow more piston pressure on the right
and thus pull to the right.

On the shaking I would STRONGLY suggest that you take a look at the balance
of the brake drums in the rear.  I had mild to moderate shake on my BJ8 for
30 years and finally balanced both drums.  I had to add about 1.5 to 2
ounces of steel rod to the perimeter of each drum!  Runs much, much smoother
now.  If you have access to a bubble balancer it is easy to check.

Keith Pennell