healeys

help out a healey owner(legal advice)

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: help out a healey owner(legal advice)
From: Wesp11@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:23:40 -0500
Any lawyers in the group? I may need some advice...I sold a resto project to a
guy in the SW, for a project car under $1800(a triumph tr4) he picks it up in
person, likes it, drives off with it,  then calls a week later wanting me to
come get it 1800 miles away and subsequently files a small claims case against
me?, wanting me to come 1800 miles to answer the claim? The car was sold as a
parts car or total resto project, as is and I can easily prove it, but I dont
want to have to go that far to do it, he is a nut job, how the heck can someone
make a false claim and force you to travel a couple thousand miles! any
opinions?

Mark Knoffler
56BN2