healeys

Re: Chroming questions

To: "Heard" <heard@datatrontech.net>, "Healey List"
Subject: Re: Chroming questions
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 23:20:41 -0500
Hi Heard,
The little pin holding the handbrake release button can be carefully drifted
out starting with a fine centre punch and continuing with a fine pin punch.
It's all in using the right tools for the job. In fact often if removed
carefully enough it sometimes can be reused.
As for the door striker plates, you might find that new complete striker
assemblies are cheaper than rechroming the old ones.
If you do want to use the old ones, often the hard rubber bushing will
completely deteriorate when you start to remove it.
Rich Chrysler