healeys

RE: disc brake was knock back

To: <gschwind@charter.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: disc brake was knock back
From: "Michael Salter" <michaelsalter@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:08:07 -0500
Hi Don,
I believe that the wire ring is used in other applications.
You can but a liberal coating of red brake grease in the boot. It seems to
stay put and does minimize corrosion, although this won't be a problem if
you are using ss pistons.
One tip, if you have never rebuilt calipers before. The pistons should
squeeze in through the seals with hand pressure. If they won't squeeze in by
hand then take another look at the seal fitment and seal grooves. Using a
clamp of vice will usually result in damage to the seals.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com