RE: Need help with M125 and Belkin hotsync cable.

To: Fisher Patrick-r37492 <Patrick.Fisher@motorola.com>,
Subject: RE: Need help with M125 and Belkin hotsync cable.
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:31:22 -0500
At 04:54 PM 1/21/2003 -0700, Fisher Patrick-r37492 wrote:
>Thanks for getting back to me Alan. I did use the beam to transfer the
>applications but the runs that are still on the IIIC didn't
>transfer. I think I'll try doing the transfer back the other way, from
>m125 to IIIC, to see if I can get the data to go that way.
>
>Anyone using a serial-to-usb hotsync cable to download runs to a computer?
>

>Best Regards,
>
>Patrick Fisher
>Global Infrastructure Solutions
>Distributed Systems Support - Unix
>Phone: +1 480 441 0626
>Cell:    +1 602 616 2684
>Pager: +1 800 759 8352  Pin: 1193002
>Email: patrick.fisher@motorola.com <mailto:patrick.fisher@motorola.com>

Patrick,

I use a Belkin serial to usb cable to download from from a Palm III to a
Dell laptop running XP home. The Belkin was a replacement for the Palm
version which I could not get to work at all for either the normal Palm Hot
Sync functions or for GEEZ. Palm support tried hard to help but nothing
worked.

The Belkin website had some useful support information as I recall for
making sure all the correct Palm and Belkin software and/or drivers were
installed in the correct order. It also had info on various settings which
I don't recall.

I did have to update the Palm software from the Palm web site.

I am NOT a computer person so it must not have been too difficult . . .

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF