Re: Geez and Windows XP

To: "Pierre V. Villeneuve" <pierre@spacecomputer.com>, geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Geez and Windows XP
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 17:10:21 -0700
Hey Pierre and all,

I've talked with the manufacturer of the dongle and they've
confirmed that our current version of the installer fails to
properly recognize XP, and therefore the driver installation
fails to fix the problem.  However, they are supposed to be
sending me a new driver to use that will cure the problem.
I expect to get it tonight or tomorrow, and will forward it
to Pierre first to confirm that it works properly.  If all
is well then (and these guys have been very dependable so I
expect it will be), then I'll replace the driver on the
website with the new one.  It will continue to be one
driver-package for all of NT, 2000, and XP, with the
installer self detecting how to load for each operating
system.

--Byron
  888-909-0818

"Pierre V. Villeneuve" wrote:

> Has anyone had trouble using GEEZ with Windows XP?  I installed XP a few
> weeks ago and I like it a lot.  But now I'm trying to go back and look at
> some old Geez stuff that I did when I was running Win 98 and it won't
> recognize that I have the dongle plugged in.  OK, I thought maybe it's like
> NT and so I tried downloading and installing the key.zip file that's
> supposed to make Geez work wint NT and W2k, but it didn't work for my WinXP.
> Anybody else had any experience?
>
> Pierre

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list