Re: Battery life (was Re: Black battery wire came off...)

To: vreihen@yahoo.com, geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery life (was Re: Black battery wire came off...)
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:40:44 EDT
In a message dated 9/18/00 7:30:56 AM Central Daylight Time,
vreihen@yahoo.com writes:

 GSMnow@aol.com wrote:

 > I kill a 9 volt battery every 2 events or so.

<< Huh???  Mine has been running with the same battery since the
 Petersburg ProSolo, and I just changed it as a precaution
 for Nationals.  I shut everything down between runs, if that
 makes a difference..... >>

I turn mine on before my first run, and it usually stays on til my wifes last
run. In our local events, we run a 4 heat setup and run in 1st and 3rd, or
2nd and 4th. If we don't turn it off on our down heat, we only make two or
three events. I am sure it would last much longer if I shut it down between
every run, but with it burried in the console, we forget about it. We yank
the palm and download our run and that leaves little time to worry about the
cube. With a good regulated feed from the car ignition, we never even have
tio think about it. Turn on the key and Geez is up!

Gary M.