Re: Sampling Rate Failure

To: Brent DeWitt <bdewitt@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Sampling Rate Failure
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:04:21 -0400
Brent DeWitt wrote:
> As far as defrag, Palm OS 3 onward is supposed to take care of that
> in itself.

I hadn't realized that.  But it does seem that there is a noticable
performance increase for heavily used Palms if you do a hard reset and
then resync, which I had always attributed to fragmentation.  I've
found this even with modern Palms, running 3.0 and later.  Any idea
what that might be?  (It could be in my head -- I've been using Palms
since before 3.0, and so maybe I noticed this back then, and now get a
placebo effect.)

Mark