Re: Philly Geez School

To: msirota@isc.upenn.edu, boysrus_racing@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Philly Geez School
From: Jkinser77@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:34:11 EST
To respond to what you are looking for in the ways of schools and what is
what with the GEEZ!:

The Dial In School test and tune is that what it states-a big test and tune,
with GEEZ! there to use, plus the segment timing, plus some very "in the
know" instructors.  They will be there for riding, driving, watching, asking
, helping with the GEEZ! whatever you want to do.  If you want some advice on
the car, driving etc...they will be able to maybe offer some advice, drive
and see what they can feel/get with the car...it is intended to help/make
suggestions/try to dial in the car.  What may feel the best, may not actually
be the fastest and maybe a right foot braker can get more out of the car set
some way..these are examples...it will allow you to make changes to your car
and maybe feel what toe in vs. toe out is....or is stiff or soft shocks the
way to go, which one do you drive better...what does camber feel like?  And
for Neon owners learning to feel when the camber has slipped and why they all
carry around spare bolts...do you get more out of your car with pressures
high in the rear or less...where do you gain when yuou make changes-and lose?
  That's what the test and tune is.  From the likes of Daddio, Strelneiks,
Priebe, John Thomas, Strano, Sapp and yes, we have added for this school Dan
Popp and Guy Ankney to combine with the already cast of characters who
teach...these guys will give their best advice opinion, they can drive...yu
can download your run to an instructors with the GEEZ!   This is the
intent...many of these guys will be taking their learning experiences and
sharing them....So, mod, prepared guys your are invited if you want to.  Most
of you might want to bring a pit person to help work on the car and make some
changes...The GEEZ! school is exactly that-a GEEZ! school on it, how to use
it, how to read it...very intense.  Half classroom, and half track.   Byron's
presentation at Nationals was great from what Priebe and Strelneiks and
Daddio had to say...guess it showed in their results.  That is Byron's baby
with us helping...he will call where he wants to have these at...the clubs
putting on Evolution schools will make the call on what they would like to
have by imput from interested people...then I will see who is available to go
and if we can do it.

I think both these schools are going to add a whole new chapter to this sport
and get the competition even tighter!  Mark Daddio has said many a time to me
that a person can be so much faster by learning about the car and about set
up...by last years results, I think he may be on to something.

Jean Kinser
Owner/Co-Founder Evolution Performance Driving School-McKamey Autocross
Division