fot

Re: [Fot] Street car batteries

To: "John H. Hasty" <jhasty@mhc-law.com> swN90UPjq5xDY0YcdLh7CSS6x/pe6FQ9g8jgCQaOAIQbhqPvzGji14eFSkAyakXD1dttVjG2Mv6VQtxJxh1v6g7oxCP9woPpa5JH7z5b5IjwkUjAS+KY77f8
Subject: Re: [Fot] Street car batteries
From: Allen Washatko via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 13:13:36 -0600
Cc: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>

--Apple-Mail-B381C052-9E6E-4707-B8F3-60564464ED91
        charset=utf-8

Johnson Controls makes Interstate, Die Hard and Costco Kirkland batteries. T=
hey are the largest manufacturer of batteries in the USA followed by Exide a=
nd East Penn.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 15, 2021, at 11:10 AM, John H. Hasty via Fot <fot@autox.team.net> w=
rote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BF I believe Interstate is owned by Yuasa.
>=20
> Sent from my iPhone
>=20
>>> On Feb 15, 2021, at 12:05 PM, Paul Ricco via Fot <fot@autox.team.net> wr=
ote:
>>>=20
>> =EF=BB=BF TeriAnn,
>>=20
>> BTW- Your book looks great.  We look forward to receiving our copy.=20
>>=20
>> We have had good luck with Interstate as well.  Very good batteries.  Oft=
en used on big trucks and vehicles that need to start under bad conditions.
>>=20
>> Truthfully, most auto manufactures put very high quality batteries in new=
 cars.  Interstate is also a very high quality battery and they are an OEM s=
upplier for some makes.
>>=20
>> If you think about it, most new car batteries last many years without tro=
uble. Then when the original battery goes, people put in aftermarket batteri=
es and most  of them do not last very long.  I have 7 year OEM old batteries=
 in my diesel truck and it starts in below zero weather with no issues.  In f=
act it started on a 10 degree below zero day last week after sitting out for=
 a month without being run.  No issues.  We have tested them every fall for t=
he last 3 years and they still test good.  There are a lot reasons for this t=
hat I will not bore everyone with.  The bottom line is that not all batterie=
s are made the same and most OEM batteries are built to a high specification=
.
>>=20
>> Another option for people, if you know what size that you need, would be g=
o to a GM dealer and buy a high quality battery from them.
>>=20
>> It is just another option for people.  I have over 35 years experience in=
 the automotive industry and there have been many tech bulletins written on t=
his subject and why most aftermarket batteries  do not last as long.  Inters=
tate excluded from the list that do not last well.  They are a good battery.=

>>=20
>> Paul Ricco
>>=20
>>> On Feb 15, 2021, at 10:18 AM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman via Fot <fot@autox.team=
.net> wrote:
>>>=20
 pricey, last much longer, got 10 yrs out of 1 and worry free.
>>> I have been using several Optima yellow tops for a second battery. The o=
nes I've had would go bad over a winter of often teen nights. Come spring I w=
ould go to my local NAPA, they would test it and replace it for free. last t=
ime they said this was my last free battery (I think it has been 6 or 7 now)=
. They just don't seem to like being frozen for a few months at a time. But i=
f you have warmer weather the Optima might work well for you.
>>>=20
>>> For a starting battery, I've had good luck with interstate.
>>>=20
>>> TeriAnn
>>>=20
>>> --=20
>>> Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and C=
anada=20
>>> 2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn what to wri=
te
>>>=20
>>> Because the world beckons and life waits for no one
>>>=20
att.net
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>=20
law.com
>>=20
>>=20
.rr.com
>=20
>=20

--Apple-Mail-B381C052-9E6E-4707-B8F3-60564464ED91
        charset=utf-8

utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">Johnson Controls makes Interstate, Die Hard=
 and Costco Kirkland batteries. They are the largest manufacturer of batteri=