fot

[Fot] Gauge Rebuilding

To: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Gauge Rebuilding
From: Jack Wheeler via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:41:06 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_979174_1375879019.1610390466977

I hope this may help some of you looking for sources for rebuilding gauges.=
=C2=A0 I recently had the tachometer in my 1967 Morgan 4/4 rebuilt by Nison=
ger Instruments.=C2=A0 The tach was kind of ratty looking and the calibrati=
on was off by a factor of 2.=C2=A0 When it came back it looked like a new g=
auge.=C2=A0 They had replaced the lens and chrome bezel and fixed the calib=
ration problem.=C2=A0 In addition, they also converted it over so that if I=
 ever decide to replace my points distributor with an electronic ignition s=
ystem, the tach will work correctly.
When I received the tach, I was confused by the wiring instructions.=C2=A0 =
It was much simpler, and did not use some of the old parts.=C2=A0 I called =
Peter Bayer, and he was very helpful in walking me through the steps of the=
 new wiring system.=C2=A0 With that bit of help, I installed it and WOW, it=
's great having a tach again that really shows the true engine speed.
I'm not trying to tell anybody who to use, just giving my impression of a j=
ob well done.=C2=A0 I have used Nisonger for instrument rebuilding for over=
 30 years, with similar results.
Best regards,
Jack

------=_Part_979174_1375879019.1610390466977

=3D"font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px=
;"><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">I hope this may help some of you =
looking for sources for rebuilding gauges.&nbsp; I recently had the tachome=
ter in my 1967 Morgan 4/4 rebuilt by Nisonger Instruments.&nbsp; The tach w=
as kind of ratty looking and the calibration was off by a factor of 2.&nbsp=
; When it came back it looked like a new gauge.&nbsp; They had replaced the=
 lens and chrome bezel and fixed the calibration problem.&nbsp; In addition=
, they also converted it over so that if I ever decide to replace my points=
 distributor with an electronic ignition system, the tach will work correct=
data-setdir=3D"false">When I received the tach, I was confused by the wirin=
g instructions.&nbsp; It was much simpler, and did not use some of the old =
parts.&nbsp; I called Peter Bayer, and he was very helpful in walking me th=
rough the steps of the new wiring system.&nbsp; With that bit of help, I in=
stalled it and WOW, it's great having a tach again that really shows the tr=
 dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">I'm not trying to tell anybody who to us=
e, just giving my impression of a job well done.&nbsp; I have used Nisonger=
 for instrument rebuilding for over 30 years, with similar results.</div><d=
iv dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=
l>
------=_Part_979174_1375879019.1610390466977--

--===============5581151347418877937==

fot@autox.team.net