fot

Re: [Fot] So Cal Machine Shop Recommendation

To: "'Kurt Oblinger'" <koblinger@verizon.net>, "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] So Cal Machine Shop Recommendation
From: "Robert MacKenzie" <list@mackenzie.aero>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 16:22:55 -0600
There is only one place to go:
Costa Mesa R&D
123 Monte Vista Avenue,   Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 631-6376
John Edwards

John is an amazing machinist who actually wrote the book on how to re-build
engines.  John is also famous for his YouTube videos under the name of
"fiatnutz" where he showcases some the innovative methods he had developed
over the years.
Additionally he has developed a custom bee-hive valve spring for use on
Spitfire race engines.  I have them on one of my heads and he can put them
on you GT6 head as well.

Some videos for Triumphs:
Spitfire Bee-hive springs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLlY0sTYYBY
Bee-hive spring retainer mods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTjApt0hOlk
Spitfire con rod mods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-RkCY4Gl9c
Rocker Arm Rebuilding for the Triumph Spitfire :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7APJucC0RD0

I can't say enough good things about John and his work.

Robert MacKenzie