fot

Re: [Fot] Clutch suggestions?

To: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Clutch suggestions?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:29:31 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1334780947; bh=wVNBch5db2mlzu+8fFeKQlwfnWzI9v64jDj5VaiUiKo=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=5Dq04ZK889XOMlS/YHwHq1gxOdQa0l9CEZXx4U3HUoReO7fampQ+G1tfyHdUkAyAHqYXaPAUZTpx3yFpb1Nzu1EhTn1orp17DWrHLTelmTe7P35ViHue69B6KTZ/KNHqAqdKs7MSgYp+SYKrLLuAVxuAhh7iMhb8pidd/o5FV/w= rG4OeXPLBWKknH4ugwa51cOLOfCd9.jN.7FaGwBtFm_g5Xoc2R11fHt_3Gc9 fh7h.zv73xnXrodooM7LO6X331WWRYkBIq5HJ3bTnxU233V.nVIppwrETNv0 p9VrXHw6_GM9Rjmh0JdTIiGSIl6nbF5rSkaYmxBcorpmv0hHxDGfup.tY5zr v1_c28gx_HdpUzDloqPcRPKEWVnTm4t8A.TMHRCKWdEM2yHKO5l2oiasoUCv 6_X0YnwzEXOU0JmBze8vHmR2Il0CTCYgRdy38mMxGkZr6w7pHUKRfwRmtiJF pq3RJLs5nIGfWzwBo7hq3zbjXrqEe31adqV98osPRw94taq6dV0OuPFI5VLK A4AoBt9JiZfsadd2cCilNi1AcQ4fVuFpF9jWHq9zdYd7_nM7Zf1DqpK9WPh8 NNAIi6FVF2IYUZLdy6mcoSu.NFVSwDGG_MnygH3qSgwdzQDhjmE3N0baj
For years I used a stock Spitfire clutch. After I began to upgrade the
engine, the clutch seemed more stressed, including a couple of clutch disk
failures -- shedding the facing material entirely and even twisting the
center right out of the disk (which I did more than once). Obviously
slipping was not the problem, but other forces were.

An easy fix turned out to be competition clutch disks that were solid in the
center (not slotted, no springs). The only "problem" was learning to slip
the clutch intentionally as it would grab immediately -- if revs weren't up
it'd stall and kill the engine. Tricky driving it back on the trailer, for
example, but eventually I learned how (or it would wear in enough to become
easier).

--Rocky Entriken