fot

Re: [Fot] Clark W. Nicholls, GREAT Photos

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, <jason@multivintage.com>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Clark W. Nicholls, GREAT Photos
From: "Robert Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 10:19:14 -0600
Bill,

I got some of these with the car and some from Ken Stewart, the son of the
original owner. Ken took his driver's school in my TR4A back in the 60's. I
sent Tom a couple of scans of some proofs I have from my TR4A late last
night. Apparently he doesn't sleep :-) He has found an interesting newspaper
article referencing that David Donahue was also looking for Action Limited.
I have enough scans to know that they were at the 1967 ARRC in Daytona and
the 1968 ARRC in Riverside. There are also some from some tracks that are
not those two. It would seem that the photographer from Action Limited took
photos at major SCCA events and gave the drivers proofs to choose from. It
might be an incredible stash of photos.

The most interesting thing about these proofs is that the car that I bought
a couple of years ago for my son to race, the blue #67 TR4 was also at
Daytona in 1967, and we are pretty sure it is the car in the background of
the now67big.jpg proof based on the distinctive number circle and the
lettering on the rear fenders. Joe Hines was sponsored by Troncalli Motors
for the ARRC.

I love looking at old pictures!

Bob Kramer

rkramer3@austin.rr.com

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.

Vince Lombardi