fot

Re: [FOT] VTR article on Hallett

To: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: [FOT] VTR article on Hallett
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:42:36 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Larry Young wrote:

> I think this is a common problem.  Only two guys from Green Country
> Triumphs came out to the FoT gathering at Hallett.
> Larry

I wrote John in  a seperate reply, but a lot of the clubs are having this
problem. The fix is that you have to make people think that this is the
place to be. ISOA does an awesome job of this.

On the outset,it looks easy I mean for most folks on the FOT list, the
idea of seeing (and hearing) ANY Triumph driving fast is an event not to
be missed. But there are a lot of Triumph owners out there now that don't
want to risk thier "baby" on track and in some cases tehy don't get driven
very much any more. Which is sad.

But if you can promote these outings in a way to make folks want to be
there - trust me, they'll be there. Sometimes ads promoting free beer will
do the trick, sometimes not. But getting your promo in the club newsletter
and web site, etc. is not enough - you have to make folks WANT to be
there.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx