fot

Re: brake flaring - AN flares?

To: fot@autox.team.net, s.janzen@comcast.net
Subject: Re: brake flaring - AN flares?
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:35:24 -0700 (PDT)
I haven't bothered to convert the rears on any of my cars, since I've
never had to replace a brake pipe there. My AN work has been in the
area of the flex hoses - the Girling flare will mate up to an
AN-3 male without leaking.

If you want to convert a rear cylinder then to pure AN, you will
have to come up with a fitting that doesn't leak at the wheel
cylinder (seal with a crush washer, since you don't have the proper
flare at the bottom so seal the nose) and then make a AN pipe to match.

As someone pointed out, I've written at length about this at

http://www.dimebank.com/tech/BrakePlumbing.html