fot

RE: Wilwood Master Cylinders

To: "'Gary Horstkorta'" <horsty@msn.com>
Subject: RE: Wilwood Master Cylinders
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:43:59 -0800
Those are the guys. I considered using the high volume one for the front,
but it's too tall for Peyote. Might fit your TR4 though. You need another
inch above the existing reservoir.

Thanks for the tip--I found those guys but wound up buying from Jegs, don't
really remember why.

One other online site to know is www.aircraftspruce.com . Good source of
bolts and AN fittings. While you're fabricating all this stuff, you might
want to invest in a copy of Carroll Smith's book on fasteners. Especially
the chapters on plumbing. I've switched all my brake fittings over to AN and
37 degree single flare for the hard lines. Really works great, it's easier
than double flares and doesn't get ruined the first time you take them off
(I've had a few double flares leak after disassembly/reassembly).

I made the balance bar assembly last night, using the guts from an old
Tilton pedal box. The Tilton weld on adapter would work the same way but I
already had an unused box, so I saved 60 bucks making my own weld-on bit.
Turns out the inside diameter is 1", so I made the barrel from a leftover
piece of roll cage tubing, and turned it down on the lathe to reduce the
weight and provide a step to weld against. I built the weld-on bracket from
a piece of 1" square tubing cut with a 1" holesaw. After a bit of carving I
wound up with a nice looking part that bolts in where the old bar went.