fot

Re: Cylinder Head Flow

To: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>, <cartravel@pobox.com>,
Subject: Re: Cylinder Head Flow
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:38:08 -0800
Brother bernoulli was hard at work at  compressor discharge in a
turbocharger which is expected to increase the pressure at the BIG end, undt
zo........ the revese is "ta-da".

Just for the books, in the ancient past I remember the so called "optimum
gas speed" for best  flow was 325 fps.  Anyone remember differently?
Interesting enough this might explain a little why lots of times increasing
the size of the inlet  valves does NOTHING for the power and may even be a
deterant.  This is so much fun I may have to unlimber my turbocharged solar
powered slide rule.

Come on Bill Babcock, you must have something to add here from your bike
engine days.