fot

Re: Electric Water Pump

To: Fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric Water Pump
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:50:18 -0700
I have had no heating or cavitation problems with the stock setup on my
spitfire.  What I have done is remove two vanes from the water pump by just
grinding them off smooth and this seems to work up to about 8300 rpm.  This is
the simplist and easiest modification to reduce the flow of the water pump, by
removing 2 of the 4 vanes I have halved the flow which the water pump can
provide.  Next year is the gilmer drive conversion stuff, but just because I'm
tired of loosing water pump belts.  ReK racing can do all the gilmer drive
stuff for you as well as supply a light alloy water pump housing and water
pump.

Aaron Johnson
#38 F-Prod Spit MkIV Oregon Region SCCA
http://www.geocities.com/spiracer9