fot

Re: Watkins Glen

To: jerryvv@worldnet.att.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Watkins Glen
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 01:39:18 EDT
In a message dated 8/30/01 7:12:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jerryvv@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Hello, fellow FOT's.

 Does someone who is racing at Watkins Glen have an extra crew pass they will
 not be using? I could use one for a fellow enthusiast who is accompanying me
 and Bruce Stutzman to the races.

I see Bruce Stutzman whenever I make a Western, PA Triumph Club meeting, if
he is the same one.  My boy and I both plan to limp around at the Glen Double
Regional on Sept. 15 &16.  He will have his semi slow Mazda (#67), and I will
have my ancient Triumph.  Our main goals this time is to finish races for our
licenses.

We both made it to the Mahoning Valley double regional.  My boy managed to
get credit for both races running in the rain.  He has to figure out some
solution to his window fogging problems.  I got a first in the Sunday race
since I was the only EP car entered.  They had me thrown in with the GT-1's,
ITExpensive Turbo Porches, AS, etc.

I missed the Saturday race due to finding things wrong with the Triumph.  I
am presently using a milder Kastner engine with a TR-3 OD gearbox.  This is
risky, since I have broken at least four of these transmission housing down
through the decades.  I hope to find time to rebuild my TR-4 OD transmission
and my Corilla/Cosworth engine.

We will probably have at least one or two extra passes, if that means
anything.