fot

RE: 2001 Triumph Odyssey

To: "'Jeff Snook'" <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Subject: RE: 2001 Triumph Odyssey
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:53:02 -0600
Jeff,

It would be wonderful if a few guys could take their cars over. I got a
message from Leon Guyot from England and I think he was trying to tell me
that this event is a bit exclusive....like Monterey...but this remains to be
sorted out. I am sure there will be other venues and meets, in any case.

Mid-Ohio might be a good place to meet on this....and again during BRIC when
Paul Richardson joins us again.

My primary objective is just to get to Goodwood. Then there are other things
to do and see. We hope to spend around three weeks there. The Bownes have
made this trip and will provide a suggested itinerary. Vern Brannon went to
Goodwood last year. Leon Guyot (Triumph List) reports he has gone every year
and is a member of a local TR club and will join in with support. I have
made one brief contact with Club Triumph and a Triumph club in Ireland. It
sounds as though we will get some support from Paul and John Macartney.

Linda & I were there in 1989, but only for a few days on business. I was in
Conventry and never saw the Standard-Triumph factory....disgusting! Time to
rectify this shortfall. We did have time to stop in a little village called
Chipping Cambden, on our way to Stratford-On-Avon, and it turns out that
John Macartney's mother lives there and he lives a scant 3 miles away as
well.

Joe