[Roadsters] Roadster Volvo Brake Caliper Mod

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Roadster Volvo Brake Caliper Mod
From: Ken Oxenrider <bushpilot444@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:57:01 -0400
I feel I have to replace at least everything but the metal brake lines and
after pricing repair kits and new Datsun calipers it was easy to decide to do
the Volvo mod.  It may not result in upgraded braking performance but at least
the parts will all be brand new and not 40 plus years old.  Incidentally, I
just ordered the Cordone OEM 1975 Volvo 240 four piston front calipers from
Autozone for about $41.00 each, plus core charge.  That is economically A-OK to
me.  Thanks for the help guys.

Ken Oxenrider
Whitemarsh Island, Ga. (Near Savannah & Tybee Beach)

I concur, during my racing career I would have rated the brakes as superior
to a number of competitive cars, with competition pads and linings of
course. The front discs were used on any number of other sports cars,
including the series 1 XKE's and even the original Avanti, both a lot
heavier. Even Sharp used the OEM brakes, of course, the GCR's back then
didn't allow substitutions, so that's a moot point.

Jerry Krakauer
SRL311 00099