Re: [Roadsters] Towing with a tow dolly

To: tputland@charter.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Towing with a tow dolly
From: davesmbox@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 11:27:23 -0500 (EST)
One thing to be really careful of is make sure the car fits. I bought a tow
dolly on EBAY. The wheel span on the roadster is so narrow that a roadster
does not sit comfortably in the wider dolly. I have towed it short distances
but would be hesitant to tow it a long way. At least not without checking it
often. I do have the heavy duty wheel straps which helps.

2 other towing FYI's
The car must be registered and insured to move it on a dolly. In MASS the
dolly is not registered or insured. I have an official letter from the DMV in
my truck stating this because the cops don't always know that.

Not to be confused with a dolly which has wheels. I also have a tow bar. Even
with steel unistrut connecting them the roadster bumper brackets are not
strong enough to use a tow bar on. I used a tow bar on a project car to move
it 200 yards to my storage garage. Thought I would be fine. It bent the
brackets. Expensive lesson.
Dave