Re: [Roadsters] Wanted: Austin Healey Mark III

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Wanted: Austin Healey Mark III
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 12:57:38 -0600
I've got a Road & Track from the late '60s that in Marketplace lists a
running Birdcage Maserati for around $1K and the deal included a parts car.
I've also heard Bob Bondurant mention that he was offered the Daytona Coupe
he drove at Le Mans for $8000 when Shelby moved to the Ford GT program, but
his dad asked why he wanted to spend THAT kind of money on an old race car.
I think Mecum just sold #26 for around $9 Million!

The real Daytona Coupes have always been my ultimate dream car, and I've
wondered why the 250 GTO Ferraris sell for so much more even though there
were so many more GTOs were built.

Ron