[Roadsters] 13" wheels, options

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] 13" wheels, options
From: "Fergus O'Farrell" <fergus06@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 11:41:48 -0800
Stephen,
if you have a '63, then it is still front drums, so the 510 forums will have
wheels along the right size.
These are local:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/pts/3483205673.html

and although he is quoting 7", the dimension is to the inside of the bead, so
those are actually 13x6's.
what doesn't make sense in the pic is the tread width, I have never seen 175's
look so wide, those look like 195's to me, but how can someone be reading that
wrong?

You might hit up Ron Eastman in Whittier, as I think he may have some
period-correct mags that'd be the right size.
Definitely post a "wanted" message on 311s.org, but the Ratsun forums are a
good option as well.

Eagle Rock Datsun swap meet for sure will turn up something

I would strongly recommend not driving on those tires.  Even 30 year tires
that have seen no sun will have hardened, especailly with our smog prone air
the rubber dries out, and that is a recipe for a blowout, which is not pretty
when it happens on either end.

I think I have a 13" spare in my garage you can have for free, I thought I was
being clever and saving space in the trunk, but running 2 different sizes...
well, not so clever.
Fergus O
69 2000, Los Alamitos, CA