Re: [Roadsters] OT - US Grand Prix

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OT - US Grand Prix
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 12:21:03 -0600
If anyone is coming to the Austin area for the COTA F1 race, we have an
apartment that is available about 20 mile from the track that is
available. We have been asking $1000 fir the week, but are willing to
discount that for Roadster folks! Check out http://www.silentvalleytx.com

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Ronnie Day
> I just watched the Abu Dhabi F1 race and it was a real barn burner.
> Sebastian Vettel did an incredible job, starting dead last and finishing
> 3rd. And it was great to see the Lotus versus Ferrari battle for the win.
> Deja vu all over again! This set up a very tight finish for the driver's
> championship so the race in two weeks at Circuit of the Americas in Austin
> carries importance beyond being the first race at COTA and the return of F1
> to the US. I'm not able to go due to recent health issues, but TV coverage
> should be extensive. I just hope it's not blacked out in our area.
>
> COTA has an extensive website and there are some great videos linked off of
> <theaustingrandprix.com> including an in-car lap with Mario Andretti
> driving an older Lotus/JPS. There are already several more major events on
> the COTA schedule. It'll be interesting to see if the track works with
> grassroots groups for club and track day events.
>
> Ron

Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems (512) 797-7501 Voice & Text 5026 FM 2001
Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com Lockhart, TX 78644-4443 www.hornesystemstx.com --
We support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --