Re: [Roadsters] What's the battery group (size) for a '69 2000?

To: D Riedel <stamuki@gmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] What's the battery group (size) for a '69 2000?
From: Gary and Cindy Ault <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 10:03:35 -0700 (PDT)
Dave,

I believe the OEM standard was Group 24.  That's what I use in my
earlier cars,
which originally had long, narrow Group 53 batteries.

You can
run whatever has enough cold cranking amps and total amp-hours to suit
your
needs, fits in the car, and has battery terminals on the correct ends to
allow positive and negative cables to be easily attached.  I had to modify an
aftermarket hold-down to put the Group 24 in my '66 and reach the hold-down
points on the inner fender.

Gary