[Roadsters] Starting issue. Smoke = bad

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Starting issue. Smoke = bad
From: Dan Kroninger <d_kroninger@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 06:19:47 -0500
Everyone,

Thank you all for your responses.  After work, I stopped at the local parts
store and picked up a terminal brush and a new terminal clamp, just in case.

I cleaned both terminals, and was stunned by how dirty they were!  The looked
smooth and grey, but after I cleaned the positive, I realized just how bad the
negative was.

The positive clamp was pretty nasty and looked like it was not clamping the
tightest around the terminal, so I replaced it with the new one.  The negative
has a quick release, and I cleaned that as well.

I reconnected everything and pulled the light switch.  We have lights!  I
turned the key and she fired on the first crank!  Took her to the local cruise
in and all was well (and squeak free, now that it actually has grease
fittings).

So bad battery connection it is.  Thanks again everyone!

Dan Kroninger

datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive