Re: [Roadsters] Starting issue. Smoke = bad

To: "Dan Kroninger"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Starting issue. Smoke = bad
From: cour.jpeg@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 11:42:17 +0000
Battery electrical contact is breaking down, esp when drawing high current.

Loosen and remove the Negative clamp and burnish with steel wool or sandpaper.
Get bat post and inside of clamp all shiny. Wipe away old grease and particles
with a rag soaked with rubbing alcohol. Let evaporate.

 Install, tighten and try starting.

If you have a replacement clamp on there, the kind that takes the old bare wire
bundle and clamps the strands under a plate, undo all that and clean it too.

Problem there is shining up the bundle of battery cable strands. Better and not
expensive to just get a new black/negative cable of the correct length. Burnish
the frame end too, if that's the answer.

How old is the battery?

I've encountered failures internal, where it'll still power headlights, but
that pop and puff tells me it's external.
Another ~ZoltVolt~ wireless picture msg