Re: [Roadsters] gas tank issue 2000 roadster

To: <shas1983@netzero.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] gas tank issue 2000 roadster
From: "Lee Ehinger" <lee.ehinger@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 12:02:12 -0400
What year is your car please?   The 70s I believe were a closed system & had
an expansion tank.  They _may_ have had a third line (like the early 240z)
that went back to the air filter housing - all designed to prevent gas fume
leakage, and allow air into the tank as fuel drops.  When it stops, open the
fuel inlet - do you hear air pressure equalization?  If yes, should start
right back up.   OR the inlet & return are reversed as note in the other
post.
Lee
Ft Rain (Wayne) IN
67.5 2000, 70 240z