Re: [Roadsters] Hardtop

To: paul cort <9laser3@bright.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Hardtop
From: "robert k. smith" <rksmith46@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 17:39:47 -0400
  hi paul, boy, i am so tired of shoveling snow here in ohio. im looking
forward to
warmer weather. BTW, "10 year old top"?. if you didnt keep the top sealed up
in plastic, you will be lucky if it still will fit, and not be shrunk. i put a
top on for ken roth
(jan's old 1600). and i thought it was a top for a short windshield. it was
short, both
length, and width. i did an old trick of drilling  a hole on each pivot arm, 1
inch
up the arm, to give me more material to reach the bow and sides.
  it fit kind of odd, tight in the middle, and loose on both sides. i tried
tightning
the sides, at the bow,  but then there were two creases toward the center.  i
ended up
just making sure the top was smooth on the bow, and left a little wrinkle
on each side.       bob smith

> From: 9laser3@bright.net
> To: phillip.b.hall@nasa.gov
> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:33:28 -0400
> CC: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Hardtop

Mitty
> last spring.  One of these days, I'll get the soft top I bought 10 years
ago
> installed!
>
> Paul
> Ohio