[Roadsters] Timing: I'm not that dumb (am I?)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Timing: I'm not that dumb (am I?)
From: nmleeds@mindspring.com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 10:08:22 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
All,

I was messing with my timing a little bit and now I can't seem to get the car
to start.  I've used all my standard tricks: 1) cleaning the spark plugs, 2)
rotating the distributor to visually confirm that at TDC the rotor is pointing
at the number one plug, 3) confirming spark, 4) confirming fuel, 5) recharging
the battery.  And still, no start.  I get a very occational detonation when I
spin the engine but not enough to even get the engine to sputter over, even
once.

What am I missing? Does anyone have any tricks that I can try?  I've tried with
choke, without choke, with throttle and without (but I don't know which of
these works best).

For further background, the car was running rich before I diabled it.

Nathaniel Leeds
'69 2000 -> frustrating.
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html