[Roadsters] Gasoline and running hot

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Gasoline and running hot
From: David Boerst <dboerst@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:24:53 -0700 (PDT)
This 1600 should be painted yellow (its white) Its one thing after another. I
drive the car a couple of miles then it dies. I have re routed the gas line
from gas tank line that in the engine compartment to the carbs trying to
prevent vapor lock. Carbs and gas line are cool. I installed a mechanical pump
and a electric pump and blocked the return to the gas tank. Got me home. It
seems to run hot but doesn't over heat. No "milkshake" oil. New plugs,
condenser, points, rotor. Its missing the emissions pump but blocked off. It
does have a lifter ticking sound, not a rod or main bearing knock. I replaced
the gas cap with a original locking. Anyone got a idea to what is going on?
Kind of funny as my gal bought it then saw a 1966 "Orange Burst" (google it)
and I bought this fine "turd" She would have been very upset with this car. I
got hers running great, figures. Any ideas?