Re: [Roadsters] re stranded 2000

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] re stranded 2000
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:45:51 -0500
i had a tr6 that did exactly that.  ran for a while, then just died.  open
the vent cap (first thing you do - see if there is gas!), wait a minute, and
it ran.  when i finally caught on i realized there was a sucking noise, like
opening a vacuum, when i popped the gas cap.

the vent line, which ran under the car to a carbon cannister in the engine
compartment (who thought that was a good idea???) ran by the exhaust (who
thought that was a good idea???).  got too close, melted shut.  i replaced
it with a steel line (i thought that was a good idea!!)

i know - who thought a tr6 was a good idea?????

(actually, i still have it and love it dearly)