[Roadsters] One owner 1969 SRL for sale

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] One owner 1969 SRL for sale
From: "Richard Rudden" <srl311_1969@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 20:27:35 -0700
My name is Richard Rudden and while I have seldom been active on the list
I've been on the list for around 10 years. I've met some of you at Datsun
shows in the SF Bay Area and Shasta.

The point of this is I am also the original owner of a 1969 roadster,
SRL311-12388. My wife purchased it from Mayfield Car Co. the Datsun dealer
in Thousand Oaks Ca. in of March 1970.

The car started life in the same beige gray as the cover car from the 1969
Datsun brochure. It currently has 124598 miles on it and is ready for its
second restoration, the first was frame on in 1988 and the color was changed
to Nissan 013 Regatta Red. At that time the 5 speed was rebuilt with new
synchronizers and bearings. The engine short block and head was rebuilt by a
shop in San Diego... All new chains, tensioners and guides were used. All
was great until 2002 when it dropped a valve seat from the #1 exhaust valve,
and I parked it with every intention of getting it back on the road again. I
won't bother you with all the details of why I never got around to working
on it again, but now as a result the loss of my job, my home and finally a
stroke this year I have to face the fact that I will not be able to get her
back on the road again. I want the car to go to someone who knows what they
are and will get it back to burning gas and crushing bugs. That is why I am
offering it on the list first.

Pictures can be seen at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Calsequoia/1969Datsun2000?feat=directlink
Please let me know if would like to see more and I'll see what I can do.

Along with the car I am including the following major parts:

-       Complete interior upholstery and carpet kit (new from Classic Datsun
Motorsports)

-       New dash cap

-       New windshield

-       New gear reduction starter.

-       New radiator, caps and hoses.

-       New complete timing set with all chains, tensioners and guides.

-       Complete Mikuni/Solex induction kit including "B" cam and polished
aluminum air cleaner with element and heat shield.

-       New brake and clutch master cylinders and clutch slave cylinder.

-       Electronic distributor from Gary Boone. One of his last polished
units.

-       A complete rebuilt U20 short block. In addition to the block in the
car.

-       2 complete U20 heads.

-       A second complete 5 speed transmission.

-       New clutch disk, pressure plate and throw out bearing.

-       New front parking, turn lamps.

-       New genuine Datsun locking gas cap

-       Many, many more small parts many new, some made from rare
unobtainium that I have been gathering over the years.

The car is located in Salinas, Ca. near Monterey. I am asking 10k for
everything. Please contact me off list at srl311_1969@hotmail.com if you
have any questions or need more information.

Thank you much for your time, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Richard