Re: [Roadsters] Silicon brake fluid

To: Dana Scribner <dscrib2@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Silicon brake fluid
From: Ron Hamilton <fj201@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 10:45:33 -0700
have used silicone and there are a couple of things to remember;
Silicone fluid has the propensity to retain minute bubbles of air if it
isn't  poured and bled* very *slowly which causes a spongy pedal.
It also expands with heat and compresses under pressure unlike regular
brake fluid.
I used it to protect the finish of my cars as it isn't chemically
reactive(like brake fluid) to anything that I know of, so seals last
forever and if some gets on the finish  just wipe it off.
Systems that have had regular fluid in them before need to be very
thoroughly washed out before using silicone.

By the way, I have a gallon of military grade silicone fluid left if
someone is interested.