Re: [Roadsters] No brake lights

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] No brake lights
From: Robert Keen <rekeen@mtu.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:00:13 -0400 (EDT)
Tim-

Richard Brown provided a big clue with the horn and brake lights sharing a
common fuse.

On our 68 1600, the horn switch disassembled itself so that the horn began
to honk continuously.  I removed the horn fuse to stop the honking; that
also caused the brake lights to stop functioning. After repairing the horn
switch, I reinstalled the fuse, and the brake lights began to work again.

If you have power at the common fuse, then the problem may lie in the
wiring between the fuse and the point where the brake light and horn
lines are separated.

--Bob