Re: [Roadsters] Datsun Oil

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Datsun Oil
From: Eric Gillis <mkiisupra@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 23:53:06 +0000
There is a pretty good article in this month's Grassroots Motorsports.  You
might be surprised about what is said with synthetics vs. dino juice, and
other notes about which oil to use.  For instance, higher viscoscities may
'trap' heat more, etc. I have even heard of some preferring oil for diesels
(pushrod R16 suggestion only, not mine)  I find this information and the
'conventional wisdom' (pun intended) to be a bit of a battle ground.  Good
luck, I am also ready for my 'first' oil change with a R16 rebuild.  I am sure
if there aren't many projects being worked upon, that several will chime in.

Eric G

(I'll be thinkin' with my dipstick, Jimmy!)