Re: [Roadsters] oil pressure guage

To: steven boortz <vociferouschicanery@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] oil pressure guage
From: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:26:00 -0700
Steve,

I actually dealt with this very issue, and you should read the following
which was also posted on the 311 site.

Oil pressure 2-5/8"-connected directly to block /after using the correct
adapter./ The block is threaded for British Thread, (28 teeth per inch).
Most aftermarket gauges come with American Thread fittings (27 teeth per
inch) You can buy the correct adapter from
http://www.mcmaster.com/#4860K141 McMaster-Carr for around $5.00. When I
did mine I re-threaded the block for American standard threads. It is
probably better result using the adapter.

Eddie