Re: [Roadsters] Changing transmission fluid...UH OH

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Changing transmission fluid...UH OH
From: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:37:56 +0000 (UTC)
GL-5 is -NOT- equivalent to GL-4. Just Google for all the lovely GL-4 vs GL-5
discussions. Unfortunately, many uninformed parts folks will say you can use
GL-5 in place of GL-4. From my reading, they're big time W-R-O-N-G.

GL-5 is specified and okay for the rear end/differential, but you want GL-4 for
the tranny.

I'm no expert, but I would drain the GL-5 from the tranny, refill with GL-4,
put a hundred miles or so on it, drain/fill with GL-4 again, and sleep soundly.

Experts? Bueller?

Pete