[Roadsters] WyCROC's 10th anniversary

To: "'datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net'"
Subject: [Roadsters] WyCROC's 10th anniversary
From: "barterdude" <barterdude@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 08:55:16 -0600
All we can say is WOW.  This is the first time in the WyCROC history, that
we had a total of 24 Roadster's show up for an event.  The event started
early Saturday morning with Eric Frisbee, Dan Neff and Gary Lasater
(original founder's) meeting at Gary's house.  AJ Lasater, now 18 and
driving his own 1600 join the group and we headed off to the original
meeting place, the Castle Rock McDonald's.  We had a total of 8 roadster's
meeting at the first stop on the road to Greeley.  Our first early Z from
the ZRoad group (a mixture of early Z's from 1970 to '78 and roadsters)
joined us at the starting point too.

Next, we all cruised up I-25 to meet the central roadster owners at
Brooklyn's near the Pepsi Center in downtown.  To our surprise, we meet
another 9 roadster owners to bring our ranks to 17.  That took the breath
away, since our previous record was 13 roadsters at one event.

Unfortunately, we had a couple that had previous commitments and were unable
to make the trip to Greeley.  Additionally we had invited our newer (at
least to us) brethren, the early Z's, and we had several more Z car's join
us at Brooklyn's.

Our next stop was the McDonald's in Brighton where we picked a couple more
roadsters and Z cars.  Unfortunately we had a causality with one of the
1600's apparently overheated on the way and cracked his block and had a
rather large quantity of water flowing out of the exhaust pipe and on the
ground.  But, he took it in stride using this as excuse to upgrade and talk
about options leaning towards a KA conversion.

We finally arrived at Erlich's Nissan in Greeley shortly after noon to meet
up with the northern contingent and after everyone arrived found parking
spots we ended up with 20 Roadsters, 8 early Z's and 3 late model Z's for a
showing of 31.  Erlich graciously sponsored a BBQ and gave out awards for
early and late roadsters, Z cars, People's Choice and Dealer's Choice.

Finally, we would like to thank our original Founder's for coming out 10
years ago and starting up a rag-tag bunch of roadster enthusiasts. (From
left to right)  Eric Frisbee, Dan Neff, Gary Lasater, Gary Boone, and Greg
Nelson were able to make the show.  Eric drove 1000 miles towing his '70
Blue 2000 (the original 1600 didn't make the trip but he still has it).  Dan
unfortunately is without a roadster right now but we're working on getting
him back with one, but for the event, he drove Gary Lasater's yellow and
black '69 2000.  Gary Lasater brought his 1500 from the original meet along
with his son driving his '70 1600.  Gary Boone brought his newly working EFI
blue 2000 ready for the race track again.  Greg Nelson's roadster is being
put back together after some much needed repairs are being done.
Unfortunately, Mike Koken and his car was unable to make the event.

Cheers -- Gary Lasater