Re: [Roadsters] Powder coat removal

To: Tom PRATHER <tomet9@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Powder coat removal
From: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 11:56:30 -0700
Powder coating is when the metal is "charged" and a paint in powder form
is blown onto the metal.  The electrostatic charge makes the powder
stick to the metal.

Then, the object is put in an oven and baked, where the paint powder
then melts and coats the object.

I'm not sure paint remover will take it off.  The stuff is pretty darn
durable, and one of the best ways to insure something won't rust and
will look good for a long time.

Give it a try, but don't be surprised if it doesn't come off, or
requires a TON of elbow grease....

Eddie