Re: [Roadsters] stock & comp rear spring rates

To: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>, Datsun Roadster List
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] stock & comp rear spring rates
From: Gary Boone <gboone70@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:00:15 -0700 (PDT)
I haven't been following the 311s topic but just checked it out briefly.  Since
it's 8 pages long now, I haven't read thru it all yet.

However, my 1998 NISMO catalog indicates the rear comp springs are rated at
207lb/in.  Front comps are 862 lb/in.

For my autocross purposes, it seemed the rear comp springs were too stiff, so I
removed the short leaves from the springs.  It softened it up enough to make it
handle more neutrally.  I also removed the NISMO rear sway bar and added a
panhard rod.  But after removing the short leaves from the rear comp springs,
the rear end bottoms out on the bump stops on severe road bumps on the street
and it hurts.

Since haven't bought a NISMO catalog in several years, today I googled NISMO
catalog and they have it online now.  I found that the online catalog does not
have anything for our roadsters.  But it was amusing that they comp parts for a
240ZX.  I haven't seen a 240ZX yet.  Has anyone else?

I'll post this on the 311s forum too.
Gary Boone
1970 SRL311 with EFI'd U20, running better all the time, but more tuning ahead.
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/271132