Re: [Roadsters] One quick question left

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] One quick question left
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 05:49:03 -0700 (PDT)
If the arm of the pump functions well, the only thing that should go "bad"
would be the diaphram.  Some fuel pumps have a series of screws and can be
disassembled to replace the diaphram.  If you have one of these you can inspect
it, or replace it before installation. The other type is sealed, and a
throw-away if it fails.  Replacement diaphrams are available.  As far as "bench
testing, I would not know a good way to do that on a mechanical fuel pump, but
it is not a difficult r&r if it turns out to be "bad".

Mike Harper