Re: [Roadsters] What's the proper way to fill the cooling system on

To: Dave Cooke <cookefam314@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] What's the proper way to fill the cooling system on
From: Fred Katz <roadster@astound.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 21:44:28 -0700
Burp the air out by running the car hard around mountain twisties!
Just kidding!

I would think the overflow reservoir needs some air space on top to
allow excess coolant to flow in, without spilling it out of the
reservoir. You probably mean you're topping off at a normal point well
below the cap. I would think the radiator would push the air out and
then pull coolant in as it cools, over a couple days it should be free
of air. Something else going on?

Fred